Monday, July 30, 2007

Confession

Well, the money sermon series at Otter Creek is over. And I thought that overall it was very good. Like with everything else, I could pick holes in some things, or wish that Tim had pushed a little harder in other places, but for what it was, I felt like it was a good series for the church to hear.

What I truly appreciated was our friend's confession and request for prayer yesterday. As much as anything Tim said, I think that hearing from someone trying to live a lifestyle counter to the consumeristic greed of American society was one of the most powerful things that people could have heard. I hope that it gives hope to other that might not be within this group that there are those seeking a different way to live.

So, thank you, J. For your courage and your example. And I would ask the same prayers for our family that she asked for hers.

No comments: